The Alberta Regional Lily Society was formed in 1983 by enthusiastic lily fanciers. Their mandate at the time has not changed – the Society’s main objectives are as follows:
- To promote interest in growing lilies and to act as a source of information to Society members and to the gardening public for the genus Lilium and other Liliaceae.
- To encourage lily breeding and to recognize achievements in this field.
- To sponsor the sale and exchange of lily bulbs to promote the growing of the genus Lilium and other Liliaceae.
- To sponsor and support lily displays, shows and outdoor plantings, and to give suitable awards to deserving recipients.
- To co-operate with other societies and groups with similar objectives.
- To operate as a non-profit organization.
The Alberta Regional Lily Society is an affiliate of the North American Lily Society.
VICE PRESIDENT: VACANT
PAST PRESIDENT: VACANT
SECRETARY: Laurie Hepper (2019-2021)
TREASURER Britta Johnson (2019-2021)
Mike Danchak (2020-2022)
Ieuan Evans (2020-2022)
Dianne Skimming (2020-2022)
Suzanne Stack (2019-2021)
Bill Mackay (2017-2019)
Suzanna Durand (2019-2021)
Leo Krupka (2019-2021)
LIBRARIAN: Terry Willoughby (Board Appointed)
WEB EDITOR: Shauna Willoughby (Board Appointed)
NEWSLETTER EDITOR: VACANT – (Laurie Hepper, acting)