The Alberta Regional Lily Society was formed in 1983 by enthusiastic lily fanciers. Their mandate at the time has not changed – the Society’s main objectives are as follows:
- To promote interest in growing lilies and to act as a source of information to Society members and to the gardening public for the genus Lilium and other Liliaceae.
- To encourage lily breeding and to recognize achievements in this field.
- To sponsor the sale and exchange of lily bulbs to promote the growing of the genus Lilium and other Liliaceae.
- To sponsor and support lily displays, shows and outdoor plantings, and to give suitable awards to deserving recipients.
- To co-operate with other societies and groups with similar objectives.
- To operate as a non-profit organization.
The Alberta Regional Lily Society is an affiliate of the North American Lily Society.
VICE PRESIDENT: VACANT
PAST PRESIDENT: VACANT
SECRETARY: Laurie Hepper (2017-2019) firstname.lastname@example.org
TREASURER Britta Johnson (2017-2019) email@example.com
Mike Danchak (2016-2018)
Ieuan Evans (2016-2018)
Dianne Skimming (2016-2018)
Suzanne Stack (2017-2019)
Bill Mackay (2017-2019)
Suzanna Durand (2017-2019)
LIBRARIAN: Terry Willoughby (Board Appointed-to 2018) firstname.lastname@example.org
WEB EDITOR: Shauna Willoughby (Board Appointed-to 2018) email@example.com
NEWSLETTER EDITOR: VACANT – (Laurie Hepper, acting) firstname.lastname@example.org